SAN ANTONIO, Texas – An advanced dental implant technology that makes the procedure quicker and less painful, and can be used on many patients who might not be qualified for traditional implants, is now available at Cosmetic Dentistry of San Antonio, cosmetic dentist Edward Camacho, D.D.S., has announced.
The Osteoready implant system offers several key improvements over traditional implants, which normally require multiple visits, four or more months of healing and bone integration with the implant, intrusive cutting of the gums, and bone grafts to ensure proper anchoring.
“I feel that the Osteoready Implant system is the most conservative and affordable system for patients,” Dr. Camacho said. “It often can be done without bone grafts.”
The Advantages of Osteoready, Dr. Camacho said, include:
- A lower threshold for supporting bone. Many patients with narrow ridges of bone can accept the Osteoready implants – even those who have been told they are not good candidates for implants. The OsteoHybrid method uses a self-tapping implant that spreads the bone ridge itself – avoiding the traditional and more invasive surgical splitting of the ridge.
- A less-invasive procedure for installing the implants, including a No-Drill procedure that uses the root cavity of a tooth that has been removed. For others, the One-Drill system allows the use of a single drill rather than the four to five drills used for traditional implants. This provides a shorter and more efficient drilling process that improves the patient’s experience.
- Shorter healing and bone integration time. The special design of the Osteoready implants, as well as the less-invasive implanting procedure, allows for a faster healing time and integration with the bone – from six to eight weeks, compared to the four months or more for traditional implants.
- Pain reduction. While recipients of traditional implants often need prescription pain relievers after the implant surgery, Osteoready patients report little pain, with Tylenol handling the pain that does occur.
- Durability. Osteoready Implants are produced with a higher percentage of titanium, which makes them more durable than traditional implants.
“Dental implants are the most ideal method of replacing missing teeth. They can restore a patient’s function, cosmetics, and improve overall health,” Dr. Camacho said.
About Cosmetic Dentistry of San Antonio
Cosmetic Dentistry of San Antonio is a full-service cosmetic dental practice, specializing in Osteoready dental implants, Invisalign clear braces, top-quality dental veneers, dental crowns, dental bridges, teeth whitening and traditional orthodontics, as well as a full line of restorative procedures and preventative care.
16535 Huebner (at Bitters) Suite 102
Valencia Village Shopping Center
San Antonio, Texas 78248