If you’re missing several or all of your teeth, you probably don’t smile as much as you used to. You may have stopped eating certain foods you used to love. Your speech may have even been impacted. Talking, eating, laughing, and smiling are integral parts of our lives, and that’s why replacing missing teeth is so important.
We like to give you choices, and that’s why we offer both traditional and implant-supported dentures at our San Antonio practice. These restorations are key to boosting your confidence and restoring function to your teeth.
Traditional dentures are removable devices and include artificial gums and teeth. We can create these dentures for you spanning the full top or bottom arch. They will rest right against your gums and will allow you to smile and chew again.
Traditional dentures are popular because they are a quick, but effective solution to significant tooth loss. A few of the benefits of traditional dentures include:
- Improved chewing and speaking.
- Restored smile and prevention of sunken face.
- More affordable than some other options.
- Don’t require surgery.
- Relatively easy to clean and maintain.
Dr. Camacho usually recommends dental implant-retained dentures, which can be either full or partial. Implant-supported dentures are extremely secure because they snap into implanted titanium posts.
There are a host of other benefits to implant-supported dentures, including:
- You are likely to feel more confident as you talk, laugh, smile, and eat, knowing that your dentures are firmly fixed in place.
- Your implant-supported dentures are more comfortable and feel more like natural teeth.
- Your appearance is improved because implant-supported dentures are more natural-looking than traditional dentures. Implant-supported dentures can also keep your jaw viable and strong.
- Your speech won’t slur, which often happens with traditional dentures. You’ll be able to relax and speak normally and naturally.
- You don’t ever have to use or worry about denture adhesives.
If you’ve been suffering from tooth loss, you can make a change by choosing dentures. We craft our dentures from high-quality materials, and we customize them to complement your facial features. Once your dentures are in place, you’ll be able to eat and talk more easily and flash your smile at any time. Contact us today to learn more about our implant-supported or traditional dentures or to schedule a consultation with Dr. Camacho.